Certified Aromatherapist (CA) – Level 1
This 3-day course explores healing tradition using EOs from ancient cultures, Biblical scriptures and Medieval healers. Basic chemistry and vibrational frequencies of 31 oils, their contraindications and safe use are discussed. The anatomy and physiology of the Integumentary, Musculoskeletal, Nervous and Endocrine systems are explored along with oils known to support these systems. Anatomy and physiology of the Integumentary, Musculoskeletal, Nervous and Endocrine systems is explored along with oils known to support these systems. Blending by note is introduced and students learn to interview, assess and create a blend for specific purposes and then integrate in a healing treatment through the use of heart-centered energetic healing techniques. Legal, ethical, privacy and professional issues are discussed as well as how to develop a case study.
24 hours class time
The participant will:
1. Describe the healing power of EOs from ancient cultures, Biblical scriptures and Medieval healers.
2. Explore the underlying healing abilities of EOs on the physical, emotional and spiritual body through basic chemistry and vibrational frequency.
3. Describe EO safety and contraindications.
4. Describe the effects of EOs on the energy body—energy fields and centers.
5. Discuss client interview, assessment and selection of appropriate EOs.
6. Practice various healing techniques derived from ancient and modern practices using oils.
7. Create a blend with a carrier oil to be used with a hands-on healing technique.
8. Examine the healing qualities of certain EOs known to be helpful for the integumentary, musculoskeletal, nervous and endocrine systems.
9. Discuss olfaction and the limbic system.
10. Discuss legal, ethical and privacy issues of using EOs in a healing practice. (NAHA guidelines)
Selected writings on EOs from ancient, Biblical and Medieval cultures; chemistry and vibrational frequencies of EOs; quality and production of oils including identification of endangered species, safety and contraindications; physiological effects of EOs on various systems—integumentary, musculoskeletal, nervous and endocrine systems; methods of application and absorption; olfaction and the limbic system overview; carrier oils; design and creation of an effective blend, healing properties of 31 oils; EOs with healing techniques; legal, ethical, privacy issues.